100 DAYS OF PRAYER
Day 23 – Prayer Focus - Sabbath, April 18, 2020
Sustained by the Word
“Cast your burden on the LORD, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.” Ps. 55:22
“My fellow-laborers, let not your courage fail. God is proving your faith. The Christian always has a strong helper in the Lord. When you come to a pause in your earnest efforts because you are unable to obtain the needed help, cast your burden upon the Lord. Be content to leave it there, certain that He is faithful who has promised. The What and How of the Lord’s helping we know not; but this we do know, the Lord will never fail those who put their trust in Him. When He has fully proved His workers, He will bring them forth refined as gold tried in the fire.” Ellen White, Letter 66, June 26, 1901, par. 29
What ways do you feel God growing and proving your faith? What are some of your favorite Bible promises you like to claim when you are struggling? As a heart challenge this week, why don’t you find a new Bible verse that gives you courage and memorize it. Then share it with someone who is in need of courage.
PRAISE REPORT: We praise the Lord that the early projections for massive death rate in the United States as a result of COVID-19 are being lowered quite dramatically. The pandemic is also continuing to slow down throughout Europe, and there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel.
• Pray for the health professionals on the front lines who are continuing to battle this epidemic. Pray for their health safety from COVID-19, and their physical safety from irrational people on the streets who think medical personnel are contaminated.
• Pray that there would be a balance between locking down the whole world at home and opening up the economy and activities at the right time—as soon as safe so that the economy and businesses are not completely destroyed.
• Pray for the many organizations, and small businesses who are suffering financially as a result of the lockdown. Pray that people would find ways to help support small businesses so they don’t go under.
• Pray for women and children who are in dangerous situations and need protection. Pray for ways to reach out to the vulnerable and weak in your own community.
• Pray for those who work in banks, grocery stores, gas stations, and other essential businesses. Pray that they would be protected from getting the Coronavirus as they deal with many people coming for services.
Hebrews 10 : 25 KJV
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.